Why hair is like clothes.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cruz said:
Personally, the whole growing a beard to compensate for going bald just doesn't cut it for me (no offence to anyone here).

It's just too cliched and it seems that every bald guy has a bit of stubble or full beard to make up for their baldness.

I don't have a beard but I do go with facial hair. I was doing it before hairloss so it's not like I'm doing it to compensate. Just like it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
cruz said:
Personally, the whole growing a beard to compensate for going bald just doesn't cut it for me (no offence to anyone here).

It's just too cliched and it seems that every bald guy has a bit of stubble or full beard to make up for their baldness.

I don't have a beard but I do go with facial hair. I was doing it before hairloss so it's not like I'm doing it to compensate. Just like it.
Right, me too. Oh, but were bald so we must be compensating. :roll: Like the bald guy in the expensive sports car, must be compensating but if he had a full head of hair nobody would think twice about it. Funny how the whole compensation thing is a tell tale sign of just how much baldness is seen as a flaw.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Like the bald guy in the expensive sports car, must be compensating but if he had a full head of hair nobody would think twice about it.

Actually, men who drive sports cars are often perceived/joked about that they are compensating for having a tiny penis/being ugly. - Regardless of whether they have hair or not.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Unfortunatley, its very often the case that many (young) bald guys are compensating. How many of the gym obbsessed guys on here would'nt be stressing about having a great body so much if they were NW1's.
Makes you think if CCS had never suffered any hairloss would he be a normal well balanced individual? :dunno:

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Unfortunatley, its very often the case that many (young) bald guys are compensating. How many of the gym obbsessed guys on here would'nt be stressing about having a great body so much if they were NW1's.
Makes you think if CCS had never suffered any hairloss would he be a normal well balanced individual? :dunno:

no way.

alot of guys see it as overcompensating by having a good body. But i see them as just using an excuse in order not to be labeled over compensating because they're lazy or they just suck.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Obsidian

Reaction score
The guy who helped me out the first week at the gym is a NW6 and should be in bodybuilding competitions (probably is). I am sure he doesn't like not having his hair anymore but I bet when he looks in the mirror and sees his body he automatically feels better about himself. At least he doesn't feel sorry for himself.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, bald guys who go buft are totally transparent. Unless they are actually interested in fitness and their health. :whistle: But really, there is nothing particularly healthy about getting to a body builders level. It's all just for show.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cruz said:

cruz said:
There's this guy at uni who i've seen around campus a few times now, who always seems to be wearing really trendy clothes but unfortunately has very little hair (nw5 or so). I know it's a bit harsh, but that look just doesn't suit him.

It depends on how you style it.

This guy certainly pulls it off.

imgname--kanes_wrath_expansion_for_cc3---50226711--images--kane_command_conquer.jpg

I know it might not be the same for everyone but i think some people can look good bald with facial hair.

Thats Joe Kucan the actor who plays 'Kane' in the command and conquer series.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Thats Joe Kucan the actor who plays 'Kane' in the command and conquer series.
Yet another bald bad guy, great. :shakehead:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Unfortunatley, its very often the case that many (young) bald guys are compensating. How many of the gym obsessed guys on here would'nt be stressing about having a great body so much if they were NW1's.

Well, I know for me, I started doing it before I even lost a hair. It's more for health and fitness for me. I mean I'm not "buff" or trying to be but I am in pretty good shape.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread shows why hats should NEVER be worn i think. If you wear a hat your in effect forgeting as are others around are. This added to the effect of it becoming 'part' of you means when you have to go out without it your going to feel like your trousers are round your ankles. I wore a hat once after i dyed my hair and hated it. Wore it for 3weeks straight and when it came off it felt so strange. I know its a chance for big nws to feel comfortable out but really its a bad idea in the long run.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
I work out but i dont go to the gym. and im trying to lose weight not to add muscle . i used to eat so much chocolate,cakes,ice creams etc so i was always overweighted eveh though i was working out . then i quit smoking and it got worse . i was almost 90 Kg (i'm 1.8 meters) and then i said enough is enough . i gave up all the sweets started to work out more seriously and now i weight 72Kg and i feel and look better and i would the same even if wasnt losing hair . it just makes you feel better .

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In terms of style i think you guys are right bald guys find it tough. Looking sharp in a suit is fine but dressing trendy and young...not so. Its a sad fact that some just cant pull it off. casual/indie style would be best i think. Pictures of bald guys always dressed in leather jackets and blue jeans. theres even sites for bald guys.. http://www.baldboyclothing.com

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
heyitsthatguy said:
Thats kinda true...except no one laughs at you or is disgusted by a bald guy.

No one laughs at a bald guy? Are you kidding? I've seen it hundreds of times.
Wow thats kind of surprising, its not exactly like seeing bald guys is rare. Why would people just laugh at them, unless its friends just joking.

And about feeling like you have to have everything else perfect to compensate, thats so true the first thing I did when I noticed my hair going back was join the gym.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This picture sums up exactly how I felt walking around with a bald head in my 20's.
[attachment=0:4is64orp]9pn7eu.jpg[/attachment:4is64orp]

Attachments

• 9pn7eu.jpg
    9pn7eu.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 220

s.a.f

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
cruz said:
There's this guy at uni who i've seen around campus a few times now, who always seems to be wearing really trendy clothes but unfortunately has very little hair (nw5 or so). I know it's a bit harsh, but that look just doesn't suit him.

imgname--kanes_wrath_expansion_for_cc3---50226711--images--kane_command_conquer.jpg

Pulls off what?
The psychopathic evil genius look!

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
follicle84 said:

Pulls off what?
The psychopathic evil genius look!

I was thinking that. He doesn't look cool or anything... more like an evil character from a bad sci fi movie :shock:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
This thread shows why hats should NEVER be worn i think. If you wear a hat your in effect forgeting as are others around are. This added to the effect of it becoming 'part' of you means when you have to go out without it your going to feel like your trousers are round your ankles. I wore a hat once after i dyed my hair and hated it. Wore it for 3weeks straight and when it came off it felt so strange. I know its a chance for big nws to feel comfortable out but really its a bad idea in the long run.

Until someone is going through it, they don't know HOW it feels.