Why hair is like clothes.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Then how do you explain how homeless guys who NEVER wash their hair always have thickest flowing hair? It might have something to do with alcoholism, but it just disproves the whole hair washing theory for me. Do also think that washing your hair with hot water will also make you go bald? :shakehead:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Then how do you explain how homeless guys who NEVER wash their hair always have thickest flowing hair? It might have something to do with alcoholism, but it just disproves the whole hair washing theory for me. Do also think that washing your hair with hot water will also make you go bald? :shakehead:

I see homeless balding and bald people too though? MANY of them.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
washing hair has nothing to do with hairloss. nothing. anyone that thinks it does is a quack.

A guy should wash his hair everyday just like his body purely for the reason to keep clean. Only reason women dont is one, because they dont have time to dry it in the morning and two, it makes long hair frizzy.

I wash my hair everyday and have done so all my life.

If your losing hair its genetic, end of story.

CCS

Reaction score
hair is like clothes.

If hair is like clothes, then bald men get to go around naked, which should arouse women, not turn them off. People with good looking bodies turn the opposite sex on more when they have less clothes on. That is why women go around in high shorts. Women don't find men's legs as attractive though, on average, which is why most men do not wear high shorts. Unless a guy is really cut and lasers his hair.

Women have such an advantage over men. If a woman has an ugly face but pretty legs, she can show off her legs and no one will say anything bad. If a man wants to attract attention to himself by showing off his legs, then he better be perfect in every way or he will get rediculed and asked to put some clothes on. Go to any beach and all the guys where long shorts that come down past there knees, and the women say the guys look better that way. Wow. What a statement about the lack of physical attraction. I knew a bicyclist/rock climber who had really buff, cut legs, which he shaved. He'd wear high shorts and women would whistle at him and yell compliments. So there is hope.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
So if I get a really buffed scalp and keep it clean shaven, then there is hope...really? :shakehead:

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
hair is like clothes.

If hair is like clothes, then bald men get to go around naked, which should arouse women, not turn them off. People with good looking bodies turn the opposite sex on more when they have less clothes on. That is why women go around in high shorts. Women don't find men's legs as attractive though, on average, which is why most men do not wear high shorts. Unless a guy is really cut and lasers his hair.

Women have such an advantage over men. If a woman has an ugly face but pretty legs, she can show off her legs and no one will say anything bad. If a man wants to attract attention to himself by showing off his legs, then he better be perfect in every way or he will get rediculed and asked to put some clothes on. Go to any beach and all the guys where long shorts that come down past there knees, and the women say the guys look better that way. Wow. What a statement about the lack of physical attraction. I knew a bicyclist/rock climber who had really buff, cut legs, which he shaved. He'd wear high shorts and women would whistle at him and yell compliments. So there is hope.
Thats bullshit, guys with good bodies walk around in singlets showing of thier arms. And the way you say woman have such an advantage over men... what does that mean? they're trying to attract US with thier short skirts. We aren't competing for the same thing.
And as for at the beach well if you have a 6-pack then no womans going to care what your legs look like ;)

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
hair is like clothes.

This. Is. So. Gay. :gay:

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
So if I get a really buffed scalp and keep it clean shaven, then there is hope...really? :shakehead:

No just saying hair is not exactly like clothes. If it were like clothes, then getting naked would help attract women, not repel them, unless you have an ugly body.

CCS

Reaction score
Thats bullshit, guys with good bodies walk around in singlets showing of thier arms.
I know. And that is almost all they get to show off.

And the way you say woman have such an advantage over men... what does that mean? they're trying to attract US with thier short skirts. We aren't competing for the same thing.
They are competing to attract the most attractive guys. 50% of women fighting over 10% of guys. They get annoyed if the average guy even looks at them, unless they just want to use him, but even then they want him to ask them out instead of just staring.

And as for at the beach well if you have a 6-pack then no womans going to care what your legs look like ;)
That is true at the beach. 99% of the time men can't show off their 6 packs. 90% of the time they can't even show off their arms. Women show off their breats and butts all the time, even at work. They keep men aroused, which gives the women power. The only men with power are the top 10% the women are competing for. If you are average but have 6 pack abs, you probably won't be able to show them off much.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
If you actually got out of the house you'd see overwhelming evidence against your theories.

Just quit worrying about all this stuff, quit spending so much time inside your head, and use the time to do all the stuff you love. Just have fun all the time and eventually you'll start getting laid.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
They are competing to attract the most attractive guys. 50% of women fighting over 10% of guys. They get annoyed if the average guy even looks at them, unless they just want to use him, but even then they want him to ask them out instead of just staring.

I do agree that alot of women look for the best looking guys they can get, but that doesnt always mean they get them. Why? its because they are only seeing some part of the attraction. There are other things that can define someone as attractive other than good looks. They are intelligence, humour, posture, confidence, voice, personality, etc. Looks only plays one of many parts that can make someone attractive. The reason women go for looks is because its the only thing they can physically see that is attractive until they get to know the person. How they then define these good looking people as attractive then changes. Obviously there are those that go solely just on looks, but that isnt the majority women.

You should get out more and enjoy yourself man. All this over anaylising and thinking will only make you depressed.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Thats an intresting perspective, but when your naked there is nothing you can do, you can try to hide yourself and then look more absurd or stand proudly with confident and people will look and treat you differently- its all in the attitude.
Ill have to agree tho, hair does count for alot today, you can attract people with confident or change the way they perceive you, but there are things you CANT do, you cant get a hot girl into bed based on confident alone, you got to have the looks, and there are *some* bald people who can pull it off, sadly not all, so unless you are whiling to lower you standards significantly your doomed to life of misery .:devil:

I know this is from a while back, but its an interesting connection and I very much agree with Umans comments..

Smooth, this is the misery though. Its something that I always wondered - and will perhaps find out. The misery to me is that our standards dont just automatically lower. I can only fancy who I fancy. And I dont think thats going to change how much more ugly(bald) I become. I can imagine that it will lower slightly. But to actually lower my standards. I just could never do this. I am only jealous of the guy that can fancy a less than average gal. But come on, who really does.

I hate looking at older bald guys who have taken a grenade because they couldnt get any better. Once you become ugly enough, your standards change from how fit a girl you can get, to looking for any girl possible. I was in holiday recently, and my mums bf's friend came with his wife. Hes a horseshoe head. He was a weak pussy *** motherfucker. His wife was ugly. I hate to say it. But she was. And she was bitter. I hated his guts. I hated him because he accepted 2nd best. I hated to think that that might well be me. And Im sorry to say all this horrible sh*t, but this hairloss is misery.

I refuse to ever take a grenade. I will only ever go out with a woman that I f*****g fancy. Otherwise ill be on my own. f*** accepting something you dont even want that much, but just because its better than nothing, that shits f*****g weak..

You know.. Id even go further than saying being bald is like being naked. I would go as far to say, that in the same way as clothes, we are nothing without hair. We are not even human. Everything that we think we are - our names, our jobs, our personalities, these are all attachments, but its not what we really our. When we become bald we realise that we are nothing. that being a so called human just means thinking you are like that or this. I thought I was this guy. My hair looked like this. Now I am nothing. Im not even human.

Im not even depressed. But I realise when the time comes I may commit suicide. People may not understand what Im saying. But for me. the fun stops when I become ugly, when no girls want to be with me - when the world no longer has a place for a bald nobody. Then it will be misery. I will become what I hate and despise. Then I will kill myself.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
How many ugly people are really happy people? How many bald guys really enjoy their lives?

Far less than beautiful people. Thats all this world is. Every human is in a rat race, to become more popular and sexually appealing then the other. And this bigest decider is ones external features. When we start to bald premeturely, in my case 20. We realise how unfair this life is. Anyone can claim they were good looking. I know, its easy. But all I will say, is that I felt goodlooking. I felt handsome and confident. I had people often comment on the way I looked. And its so f*****g hard. Because the thing I valued most in my life was my looks. And I think its the case for the most of us.

Who we look like is what makes us who we are. Its what gives us an identitiy. Our features mould us and make us different from others. So when I started going bald, I realised that my bubble had been popped. I realised it was short lived. That i was starting to enter the realm of hell.

Im not even wishing that I was a brad pitt, or a tom cruise. I would settle for a more average looking guy, with a full nw1 4 his whole life. That or be a black guy. But being white. And being bald. I may as well end this sh*t. All im saying is that eventually, there comes a time when a man knows he can no longer compete in the game. A sportsman may severly break his leg and never be able to play again. He has to realise thats the end of his career. Its the same with going bald, at a point we may have to give up. And just realise how worthless it is being a bald ugly sh*t.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope4hair- I may only have 4 years on you, but you will grow up. Youth is becoming more and more superficial each year. You're not always going to be this way. Everyone gets older. You still have the mindset of a kid

Mr Norwoods

Reaction score
I'm white and a Norwood 3 at 17. Started losing it when I was 14. Guess I'd better kill myself now then. :whistle:

Alot of chicks (my age included) dig bald guys nowadays, trust me.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
Smooth said:
Thats an intresting perspective, but when your naked there is nothing you can do, you can try to hide yourself and then look more absurd or stand proudly with confident and people will look and treat you differently- its all in the attitude.
Ill have to agree tho, hair does count for alot today, you can attract people with confident or change the way they perceive you, but there are things you CANT do, you cant get a hot girl into bed based on confident alone, you got to have the looks, and there are *some* bald people who can pull it off, sadly not all, so unless you are whiling to lower you standards significantly your doomed to life of misery .:devil:

I know this is from a while back, but its an interesting connection and I very much agree with Umans comments..

Smooth, this is the misery though. Its something that I always wondered - and will perhaps find out. The misery to me is that our standards dont just automatically lower. I can only fancy who I fancy. And I dont think thats going to change how much more ugly(bald) I become. I can imagine that it will lower slightly. But to actually lower my standards. I just could never do this. I am only jealous of the guy that can fancy a less than average gal. But come on, who really does.

I hate looking at older bald guys who have taken a grenade because they couldnt get any better. Once you become ugly enough, your standards change from how fit a girl you can get, to looking for any girl possible. I was in holiday recently, and my mums bf's friend came with his wife. Hes a horseshoe head. He was a weak pussy *** M*****F*****. His wife was ugly. I hate to say it. But she was. And she was bitter. I hated his guts. I hated him because he accepted 2nd best. I hated to think that that might well be me. And Im sorry to say all this horrible sh*t, but this hairloss is misery.

I refuse to ever take a grenade. I will only ever go out with a woman that I f****ing fancy. Otherwise ill be on my own. f*ck accepting something you dont even want that much, but just because its better than nothing, that shits f****ing weak..

You know.. Id even go further than saying being bald is like being naked. I would go as far to say, that in the same way as clothes, we are nothing without hair. We are not even human. Everything that we think we are - our names, our jobs, our personalities, these are all attachments, but its not what we really our. When we become bald we realise that we are nothing. that being a so called human just means thinking you are like that or this. I thought I was this guy. My hair looked like this. Now I am nothing. Im not even human.

Im not even depressed. But I realise when the time comes I may commit suicide. People may not understand what Im saying. But for me. the fun stops when I become ugly, when no girls want to be with me - when the world no longer has a place for a bald nobody. Then it will be misery. I will become what I hate and despise. Then I will kill myself.

I agree with most of this post. I'm not going to comment on the last paragraph because I don't know the man, I'll leave the piling on to other people.
That said, I agree with the "I fancy who I fancy" part. You can't change who you're attracted to, and if you "settle" for someone you dont really like in order to get laid, you're using that person.
I think baldness is much harder for those who have confidence problems to start with, and even harder for those who have depression issues.
This part could have been worded better:
"When we become bald we realise that we are nothing. that being a so called human just means thinking you are like that or this. I thought I was this guy. My hair looked like this. Now I am nothing. Im not even human."
I would change "we" to "I". People who aren't affected, or are less affected by baldness are going to (rightfully) object to being labeled less than human. Everyone is affected differently, and we can only speak for ourselves.