Why hair is like clothes.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
Wow thats kind of surprising, its not exactly like seeing bald guys is rare. Why would people just laugh at them, unless its friends just joking.

And about feeling like you have to have everything else perfect to compensate, thats so true the first thing I did when I noticed my hair going back was join the gym.

Friends do it, sometimes other people do it too. It depends.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
follicle84 said:
Thats Joe Kucan the actor who plays 'Kane' in the command and conquer series.
Yet another bald bad guy, great. :shakehead:

First Command & Conquer game came out in 1995 (with Kane in it), so it's hardly anything new.

heyitsthatguy said:
s.a.f said:
follicle84 said:
It depends on how you style it.

This guy certainly pulls it off.

imgname--kanes_wrath_expansion_for_cc3---50226711--images--kane_command_conquer.jpg

Pulls off what?
The psychopathic evil genius look!

I was thinking that. He doesn't look cool or anything... more like an evil character from a bad sci fi movie :shock:

He has got those badly designed futuristic clothes on, what the f*** do you expect?

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that C&C looks cool. One of the badasses who get the ladies no matter what.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
This thread shows why hats should NEVER be worn i think. If you wear a hat your in effect forgeting as are others around are. This added to the effect of it becoming 'part' of you means when you have to go out without it your going to feel like your trousers are round your ankles. I wore a hat once after i dyed my hair and hated it. Wore it for 3weeks straight and when it came off it felt so strange. I know its a chance for big nws to feel comfortable out but really its a bad idea in the long run.
I never forget. I can't bare to not wear my hat when I go to school for instance, because there are so many young cool kids and I don't want to be that guy that they are starring and laughing at. The only bald people on campus are the teachers. I just don't have the cojones to put myself through that. I'd rather blend into the background than be that one bald guy that everyone focuses on. I would be more willing to go out without a hat if I were in a public place with a greater spectrum of people's age groups so I don't stand out as much. But if you think that hats should be banned in a sense then how could you recommend a system for me? That uneasy feeling you spoke of would be ten times worse if I had a system. But I think I could get away with it if I learned how to apply it and maintain it right.

cuebald

Reaction score
Kane was the most bad *** video game character ever.
OK, the clothes he wears were a bit lame in the later games, but he wore casual clothes in C&C1 and he pulled off the casual but "I can destroy you in the blink of an eye" look.
He was the coolest guy in the game and I played it before even knowing about hair loss (I was 13)

[youtube:38rlb0l9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjEdRSt0AA&feature=related[/youtube:38rlb0l9]

barcafan

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
he dont get the ladies.... well maybe large, nordic, viking like women.

He dont get ladies, HE TAKES THEM, since he's the destroyer of mens.

godofwar2_kratos_1600normalscreen.jpg

If you dont think this isnt the most badass looking dude in a video game EVER (minus the lipstick) then you're outta your mind

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Ok, that was pretty bad ***.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude im saying try a system cause your uneasy with ur baldness. and no its not like a hat. done right its your hair. i wont tell anyone if you dont. :L

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its not that easy though is it?
It must be something that you research and learn about - maintanence, styling ect.
But theres also the stigma not just other peoples opinions but your own. Most guys have always said "I'll never resort to wearing hair" but - desperation.
Then theres the transition, a bald guy cant just turn up for work, social gatherings ect with freinds, family, or even just casual aquantances suddenly sporting a awesome head of hair.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
what type of hats do people wear? I don't particularly like baseball caps - a bit tacky. In the winter you can wear wool hats, but what about summer?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
This picture sums up exactly how I felt walking around with a bald head in my 20's.
[attachment=0:25r7pfqx]9pn7eu.jpg[/attachment:25r7pfqx]
By the reactions I get sometimes, that picture accurately depicts what it is like. That, "How could you walk around like that?" look. Must be easy for her to go to the bathroom though.
The thing about making the transition to wearing is that you have to let your hair grow out much longer than any bald man would feel comfortable, which means wearing a hat anytime you go out for three months so your length can match the systems. You would have to have a job where you can wear a hat everyday. In the meantime I would be practicing and doing research in preparation for the big transition. And once I'm ready and have received the system I would have to go to a special place to get it cut for the fist couple of times, but with the intention of mastering the craft myself for privacy reasons and to save money. It will be inconvenient and will require almost an ocd level of attention at first, but like with any problem there are no easy solutions and there is always a trade off.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey UM i have a question for you

When you still had a bit of hair, did you wash your hair alot or did you avoid washing hair because you were afraid constant washing would result in more hairloss?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna repeat what I said earlier about SYSTEMS: And I speak from experience with this.

A piece is not as simple as it sounds. They are detectable. If you are a movie star, then ok you can have an array of people ready to fix it.

But I don't want to even tell you what it looks like after a couple of months. Always afraid of windy days.

A piece works if you have a significant amount of hair up front and u can hide the piece behind it. But if you don't, then you have to glue the hairline and it looks bad.

You always have to worry about things like people noticing, people talking behind your back, wind (like I said), anyone messing around with you and touching your head and so many others.

I guess one scenario is to wear one and tell everyone u have one on. But not everyone is confident enough to pull that off.

As bad as being bald is, being spotted in a piece is worse I think.

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
what type of hats do people wear? I don't particularly like baseball caps - a bit tacky. In the winter you can wear wool hats, but what about summer?

Besides baseball hats many kinds. In winter: toques, cloth hats, wool hats, skull caps, pom-pom hats, etc.
In summer: baseball hats, cloth hats (also), sport hats (e.g., "Dry-Fit" type comfortable materials), fisher hats, etc.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
[quote="Quantum Cat":m1b3rkbw]what type of hats do people wear? I don't particularly like baseball caps - a bit tacky. In the winter you can wear wool hats, but what about summer?

Besides baseball hats many kinds. In winter: toques, cloth hats, wool hats, skull caps, pom-pom hats, etc.
In summer: baseball hats, cloth hats (also), sport hats (e.g., "Dry-Fit" type comfortable materials), fisher hats, etc.[/quote:m1b3rkbw]

those fisher hats look like the sort of thing my Grandad would wear! I might go for a trilby

Hatprisoner, what type of hat are you imprisoned in?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
elvis123 said:
Hey UM i have a question for you

When you still had a bit of hair, did you wash your hair alot or did you avoid washing hair because you were afraid constant washing would result in more hairloss?
If I excessively washed it or completely neglected it it wouldn't have made any difference. See I was born with the male pattern baldness gene and the only thing I could have done to prevent it or postpone it would have been to get on the big 3 at the first signs...but that ship has already sailed. You should know better than to believe those old wives tales btw.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i never aid it would be easy. Course it would be hard. It is like a hat in the fact its hiding being bald but its different in that you appear tohave hair. You dont want to be known as beanie boy by poeple. I think im right in saying uman that its the lack of a frame around your face that bothers you most. You could get a real light density piece to give you a hairline but at the same time you would look thin on top allowing yourself excuses as to why you now have hair...'Oh i sorted my thyroid and some came back' ...or..'i used that stuff rogaine and it worked!'. Obvously if you go to a trhick nw2 peple are going to know. But then again maybe you dont give a sh*t. I dont know. For 200quid its worth a shot.

Am i right in saying your in a different state to your daughter? Alternatively you could move closer to her and move to a new city or town and start afresh with the piece. Only ideas...i know this stuff is a million times harder in real life.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Iwantperfection, have you ever worn a piece? I'm doubting it.

I HAVE.

It's worse than a hat believe me. I clearly explained why as well.