Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No pictures. Before HRT, my biceps (upper arm) was around 31-32cm and now it's 35-36. I know stronger than my BF. No musculation at all ... I'm a lot stronger, I can lift 50-80kg with my arms, impossible before that. I'm not telling you that to make you impressed, I really don't like it.
Is that fat or muscles?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have tried almost everything. Now let your body function normally. Don’t take anything except dutasteride for a while. scalp micropigmentation would be good choice.

No more Dutasteride. I stop everything. Scalp micropigmentation .. no thanks, it doesn't last. I prefer a Viking Tattoo.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No pictures. Before HRT, my biceps (upper arm) was around 31-32cm and now it's 35-36. I know stronger than my BF. No musculation at all ... I'm a lot stronger, I can lift 50-80kg with my arms, impossible before that. I'm not telling you that to make you impressed, I really don't like it.

I wish you would show images... I’m sometimes doubtful of people on this website. You could have great hair, but have BDD similar to @DHTcel...

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish you would show images... I’m sometimes doubtful of people on this website. You could have great hair, but have BDD similar to @DHTcel...

I cannot take pictures ... it's too depressing. But I have one from some months ago ............................. I took a picture after I hurt myself with my nails (yeah it's insane but I was going mad because of hair loss).
https://imgur.com/rCNE3lP DELETED
Its the only one I will share, I will never take pictures anytime soon ... and just sharing this one makes me really sick.

Last edited:

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot take pictures ... it's too depressing. But I have one from some months ago ............................. I took a picture after I hurt myself with my nails (yeah it's insane but I was going mad because of hair loss).
https://imgur.com/rCNE3lP
Its the only one I will share, I will never take pictures anytime soon ... and just sharing this one makes me really sick.
I don't understand you but yeah I second you - it's the time you take some time away from treatments and see if your body goes back to its natural state.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@I'mme : You deleted your message but I still want to answer. I never tell people to not take Finasteride/AA+E ... I always said I was an exception and what's happening to me it's unlikely going to happen to 99.99% of men. I'm almost sure of that. But I have reflex hyperandrogenism because I took Dutasteride, it's real. Some people are unlucky, that's all.

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw progrsterone bucally?

I have micronized progesterone and when I take it orally I don't feel any effect but when I take it sublingually I feel drowsy/relaxed and it feels really nice, because of this I want to take it every day but maybe it will be bad for hair? Taste like plastic mint chocolate.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That was before you uploaded your pic. I'm tired of people (not just you) who can write 1000's of words w/o showing evidence.

If I say I have a small dick since HRT, I have to post a picture ? :s

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is very bad, especially at the back and front, I have thinning see-through all over. I've started shedding like this since starting dutasteride 3 months ago. Although only over a month on HRT. I think my hair has maybe gotten worse. If by December or January I don't notice anything I might just give up.

I still have velus hairs all over my head, going down to where my teenage hairline was, which keeps me hopeful that something might happen.

from dutasteride, hair begins to fall out very strongly if you do not take breaks for 1-2 days. but this does not mean that everything is bad. they can fall out because new ones grow. look very carefully do you have a little new hair? they are hard to see but possible. if there is, everything is in order.
what is the dose of dutasteride?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
from dutasteride, hair begins to fall out very strongly if you do not take breaks for 1-2 days. but this does not mean that everything is bad. they can fall out because new ones grow. look very carefully do you have a little new hair? they are hard to see but possible. if there is, everything is in order.
on dutasteride? ur sure you arent talking about 900mg cpa or 500mg spironolactone which you are also on right?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
bridge takes it daily.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://imgur.com/rCNE3lP

I have been discussing with others, and what if you have alopecia areata incognita? That doesn’t look like typical male pattern baldness...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I say I have a small dick since HRT, I have to post a picture ? :s
LOL at taking something to extreme (essentially Strawman) or taking an isolated, unfit example to prove your point. In 2 not 19, I can't help but shake my head at people using these juvenile fallacies.

I mean, comparing showing one's hair and one's dick - you've to be seriously restarted, IQ less person to compare those.

Now just for the sake of sanity, I apologise for the way I behaved. I've already said I've huge sympathies for you.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been discussing with others, and what if you have alopecia areata incognita? That doesn’t look like typical male pattern baldness...

Its been confirmed by dermatologists that I have male pattern baldness. Unfortunately. It's just really aggressive, no hair loss on the back, they are strong. Losing on the top, around the ears-temples and the nape (retrograde hair loss).
When I first tried AA in 2009-2010 hairloss stopped and hair came back. I was idiot to stop for Dutasteride.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL at taking something to extreme (essentially Strawman) or taking an isolated, unfit example to prove your point. In 2 not 19, I can't help but shake my head at people using these juvenile fallacies.

I mean, comparing showing one's hair and one's dick - you've to be seriously restarted, IQ less person to compare those.

Now just for the sake of sanity, I apologise for the way I behaved. I've already said I've huge sympathies for you.

It was obviously a joke. But we can still compare our dick, for the science purpose of course.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its been confirmed by dermatologists that I have male pattern baldness. Unfortunately. It's just really aggressive, no hair loss on the back, they are strong. Losing on the top, around the ears-temples and the nape (retrograde hair loss).
When I first tried AA in 2009-2010 hairloss stopped and hair came back. I was idiot to stop for Dutasteride.
the take away here is to never go from a strong regimen to a weaker one, always start small and then if no regrowth add a new thing, what u did was reckless, cutting AA all the sudden will wreck your body, i feel sorry for you, but please move on and accept it,hair systems arnt that bad actually

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the take away here is to never go from a strong regimen to a weaker one, always start small and then if no regrowth add a new thing, what u did was reckless, cutting AA all the sudden will wreck your body, i feel sorry for you, but please move on and accept it,hair systems arnt that bad actually

I had my Lupron injection 3 months ago (I'm not sure if it was 2 months ago) ... so AA is still working for some months. I'm not really stopping all of sudden, testosterone will come back gradually. If it doesn't I will try Tamoxifen, low dose first ... I really hate it but if it doesn't work there is no reason to keep going :( ... And I'm writing that and I just want to cry.
I'm not that reckless ... I was reckless to even start AA, maybe ...

But I stopped Estradiol ... I still have some in my blood (Enanthate has a long half life).