Going back to school soon, pretty terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatworldmember

Reaction score
Yeah man, I just went back to school and it's a christian university so they'll pray and everything before class and I've been hidin under my hat for 5 straight years thinkin that I'll get another hair transplant then I'll take the hat off n say this is me, but that hair transplant just keeps eludin me. If you're just shaved and don't have the scar to deal with just shave n go man. Chances are you won't see these people after you're done anyways, so if you get an hair transplant later you won't have to worry. But me I can't just say f it n shave it anymore so it really sucks right now cuz I have to worry if everyone can spot the toppik. Such a horrible time if I could go back n shave it I would but now I have to wait for my next hair transplant that feels like it will never come. Just get in there and get out and get that school done man

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
hatworldmember said:
Yeah man, I just went back to school and it's a christian university so they'll pray and everything before class and I've been hidin under my hat for 5 straight years thinkin that I'll get another hair transplant then I'll take the hat off n say this is me, but that hair transplant just keeps eludin me. If you're just shaved and don't have the scar to deal with just shave n go man. Chances are you won't see these people after you're done anyways, so if you get an hair transplant later you won't have to worry. But me I can't just say f it n shave it anymore so it really sucks right now cuz I have to worry if everyone can spot the toppik. Such a horrible time if I could go back n shave it I would but now I have to wait for my next hair transplant that feels like it will never come. Just get in there and get out and get that school done man
If you go to a Christian Uni, take the hat off. You would assume serious religious types would not condemn you for having bald where hair used too be.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
None of us even know UC, how the hell should we even know if he's strong or not?

Because I know his pain. You don't. You are not bald. For him to face his fear in front of a bunch of young kids who can at any time make insensitive comments or sneers or looks (and yes they DO THAT, I've seen it) takes more guts than you can imagine.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:
None of us even know UC, how the hell should we even know if he's strong or not?

Because I know his pain. You don't. You are not bald.

Oh yeah, it was this thing again, I should've guessed. Sorry. The thread can be locked now, 'cause you sir, you're always right and everyone else is wrong. There's this secret connection between you and UC that no one else here can never even begin to understand 'cause (at the moment) you've lost a couple of hair more than us.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to say you know UMan's pain then? You don't, trust me. I am calling him a strong person and of course YOU have to question it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know UM's pain just as well as you know that I have a full head of hair. If you can pretend that you know my situation better than me, I can always pretend that I know UM's pain. It's that simple.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Although I have seen a few other bald guys around school, we are still in a minority. I still stick out like a sore thumb around the majority of young students but I just have to go through with it. Getting a degree is more important than staying in my comfort zone. I'm beginning to think now that working is probably not as tough pressurewise as school because you deal with more adults, but there will always be those uncomfortable instances when people show their small minds as a reaction to the baldness.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
cleverusername said:
Actually one of my best friends is in his late 30s and I met him at school and everyone in my program thought he was awesome and hung out with him.
That's fine clever, was he an nw6? Did he have any significant amount of hairloss at all?

Yea he had a pretty big bald spot on his crown. People aren't as shallow as you think. There will be plenty of people in their 20s+ so if you're afraid of the immature 18 year olds you can easily avoid them. Just go in there being confident in yourself and I'm sure most people will treat you with respect.

Actually this guy is moving to NYC soon and we've talked about the possibility of being roommates so he's become a pretty good friend of mine.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
uncomfortable man said:
cleverusername said:
Actually one of my best friends is in his late 30s and I met him at school and everyone in my program thought he was awesome and hung out with him.
That's fine clever, was he an nw6? Did he have any significant amount of hairloss at all?

Yea he had a pretty big bald spot on his crown. People aren't as shallow as you think. There will be plenty of people in their 20s+ so if you're afraid of the immature 18 year olds you can easily avoid them. Just go in there being confident in yourself and I'm sure most people will treat you with respect.

Actually this guy is moving to NYC soon and we've talked about the possibility of being roommates so he's become a pretty good friend of mine.
See, not everyone is an evil bald head hunter!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When did having a crown bald spot equate to a guy with no hair? I still dont get this. Do you people realize what I would give to be balding in my crown? I mean yes it's balding but at least u have SOMETHING up there.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thats cool clever. I'm always happy to hear people being able to see past hairloss. I guess it also depends on if you have the kind of personality that can shine through that too.
As far as school goes, some people can see past it and some can't but I will always be in a position where I could tell who's cool and who is an a**h** just by how they respond and relate to me.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
When did having a crown bald spot equate to a guy with no hair? I still dont get this. Do you people realize what I would give to be balding in my crown? I mean yes it's balding but at least u have SOMETHING up there.

Dude we all know how frustrating losing your hair is. My hair loss might not be as extensive as yours but I started balding when I was 15, you can imagine how many comments I got in high school. I know how you can get upset when people talk about NW3s and 4s because everytime I see some kid on here with a perfect hairline with barely noticeable thinning I think to myself "f*** you I wish I had that kind of hair". But I control myself because I remember back when I first started losing my hair and it was just the temples receding a tad my confidence was shot and I became a recluse. The degree of the hair loss doesn't matter when you compare the impact it has on self esteem.

What keeps me going though is everyday I will be on the subway and I will see a completely bald guy who looks to be in his 20s with an attractive girlfriend who seems to love him very much. These guys have less hair than me but it isn't stopping them from being happy and successful.

We're all in the same boat there is no need to compete with who is worse off. This should be a place for empathy and sharing information not bickering.

powersam

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
The 29 year old guy was arguably the most popular guy on the course. He was so funny. His humour was sharp as a nail. Everyone looked up to him like a big brother.

The really important question is did he ever get his end in?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:

It still sucks because you know sooner or later you will be slick bald.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
That is the point. Being slick bald is the final destination and ultimate defeat in the minds of most everyone here who is taking these drugs to keep what they have and hopefully never have to see that day come. Whats worse is once you are slick bald, you're chances of getting your hair back by any conventional means be it medication or surgery are greatly declined. If you are an nw1.5Zoidberg and maintaining on the medications then you live in a completely different reality than folks like HP and myself who are stuck with no fighting chance whatsoever.

powersam

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
That is the point. Being slick bald is the final destination and ultimate defeat in the minds of most everyone here who is taking these drugs to keep what they have and hopefully never have to see that day come. Whats worse is once you are slick bald, you're chances of getting your hair back by any conventional means be it medication or surgery are greatly declined. If you are an nw1.5Zoidberg and maintaining on the medications then you live in a completely different reality than folks like HP and myself who are stuck with no fighting chance whatsoever.

We are also better people and more deserving of a spot in Earths bunker.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Yeah, but you've been bald for how long now? Maybe you should just accept it one day instead of crying about it. I don't think that even a person who loses his arm would dwell on it for this long.

s.a.f

Reaction score
There are guys who are much older and still hair obsessed look at Larry David why does he mention baldness so often in his comedy? There are guys in their 70's getting hair transplant's and these guys have been bald for 30/40 yrs.
Most of these guys dont show it they just keep it to themselves. You can get used to having no hair but feeling fine about it is a totally different thing.
Look at guys with combovers how do you think they feel each morning when they decide to do that.
UCman is a single 33 yr old guy (I know you consider anyone over 30 to be an old man) in higher education, most of the people around him will have full heads of hair. Always being the odd one out does'nt feel good.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I'm 25 and almost bald yet I don't feel like being the "odd one out" because of that, even though none of my friends are balding. Infact, I'm the odd one out because of the way I eat, the way I think and how well I keep care of my body. That's why I'm the odd one out if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.