Going back to school soon, pretty terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Slowburn, maybe you should try to back up your comments a bit, huh? How was my earlier comment stupid? If people can CHOOSE what to eat and how much to eat, then isn't it their fault if they're fat? I think it is. It's a CHOICE. Yet if our hair decides to abandon our head and nothing we do can change that, that isn't a choice. Can't you see the difference? Really? Infact you're being so extremely arrogant about this subject that I'd appreciate if you could show us all some stats about how genes ultimately determine our weight.
Clown shoes, everybody's situation is different. You can't just lump everyone in the same pot. I have been a big dude since I was a kid, I am neither selfish, lazy nor do I sit around and eat all damn day. When you choose to open your mouth about sh*t you know nothing about, it makes you look like a complete idiot. So keep talking, you're doing a great job of appearing ignorant.

In addition, some people eat poorly because they either have emotional problems or poor coping mechanisms or skills. There are people such as you describe but as I stated earlier you cannot just make a sweeping generalization.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
slowburn said:
ghg said:
Slowburn, maybe you should try to back up your comments a bit, huh? How was my earlier comment stupid? If people can CHOOSE what to eat and how much to eat, then isn't it their fault if they're fat? I think it is. It's a CHOICE. Yet if our hair decides to abandon our head and nothing we do can change that, that isn't a choice. Can't you see the difference? Really? Infact you're being so extremely arrogant about this subject that I'd appreciate if you could show us all some stats about how genes ultimately determine our weight.
Clown shoes, everybody's situation is different. You can't just lump everyone in the same pot. I have been a big dude since I was a kid, I am neither selfish, lazy nor do I sit around and eat all damn day. When you choose to open your mouth about sh*t you know nothing about, it makes you look like a complete idiot. So keep talking, you're doing a great job of appearing ignorant.

In addition, some people eat poorly because they either have emotional problems or poor coping mechanisms or skills. There are people such as you describe but as I stated earlier you cannot just make a sweeping generalization.

LOL. A fat person is a fat person. There's nothing wrong with being fat, my whole family except me is fat! I was very fat as a kid but I changed my eating habits and now I'm slim. If you're happy being fat, that's all cool with me! And if being fat bothers someone, it's far from impossible to change it. That was my point. But please don't whine about it, because it's totally in your hands. That's why it can't be compared to hairloss.

barcafan

Reaction score
slowburn said:
ghg said:

Dude the problem alot of larger people have is that they THINK they have healthy habits (that they exercise enough or that they have a good diet). But that's simply not reality. Theres no denying that weight/size is HUGELY genetic but what im saying is that a VERY VERY VERY tiny minority of people are going to be stuck obese no matter what they do, sh*t maybe its even 0% i dont know. If you ate 1000 calories a day and exercised 3 hours a day (This is rather extreme, dont do this) you'd FOR SURE lose weight. However no matter the ammount of minoxidil or horseshit i rub on my head, im still going to lose hair.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
slowburn said:
ghg said:

LOL. A fat person is a fat person. There's nothing wrong with being fat, my whole family except me is fat! I was very fat as a kid but I changed my eating habits and now I'm slim. If you're happy being fat, that's all cool with me! And if being fat bothers someone, it's far from impossible to change it. That was my point. But please don't whine about it, because it's totally in your hands. That's why it can't be compared to hairloss.
Then you of all people should know better than to reinforce negative stereotypes for all fat people. You were fat yet you say that you have disdain for fat people, when you were fat were you selfish, lazy and sat around and ate all day? Do you have disdain for fat people or is it disdain for the terrible habits that you had?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
slowburn said:
ghg said:

Dude the problem alot of larger people have is that they THINK they have healthy habits (that they exercise enough or that they have a good diet). But that's simply not reality. Theres no denying that weight/size is HUGELY genetic but what im saying is that a VERY VERY VERY tiny minority of people are going to be stuck obese no matter what they do, sh*t maybe its even 0% i dont know. If you ate 1000 calories a day and exercised 3 hours a day (This is rather extreme, dont do this) you'd FOR SURE lose weight. However no matter the ammount of minoxidil or horseshit i rub on my head, im still going to lose hair.
What qualifies you as an expert? You are making assumptions, you are assuming that the larger people think the way you have described.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
slowburn said:
Then you of all people should know better than to reinforce negative stereotypes for all fat people. You were fat yet you say that you have disdain for fat people, when you were fat were you selfish, lazy and sat around and ate all day? Do you have disdain for fat people or is it disdain for the terrible habits that you had?

My diet as a child was pretty fucked up. I did play football and hockey and all that but if your diet is fucked up that doesn't help much.

When I was fat I sometimes got called out for it, yes. But I never cried about it, instead I decided to change the matters and lose some weight. It was easy in the end, and I think it would be easy for anyone who feels bad about being fat. But like I said, to each their own, if someone's happy being fat then all power to them! My brother has never been able to lose the weight but I know it's because he really is lazy and he isn't doing much about it. He would really like to lose the weight, that I know. The same goes for my brother-in-law. I have asked my bro to follow my diet and to start going to the gym with me but no, nothing... a lazy sod is a lazy sod.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
People being overweight is due to their lifestyle. It's quite obvious because if you come to New York you will see very few fat people. Why? Because we walk everywhere. Gaining weight is a matter of calories consumed compared to calories burned. That's why in the South there are so many fat people. They drive everywhere, park 20 feet from the door of the supermarket, and eat lots of simple sugars and fatty foods.

barcafan

Reaction score
WHAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT? I TOTALLY WALK ALL THE WAY TO MCDONALDS EVERYDAY AND IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cassin said:
terrified?

who gives a sh*t what other people think...move on and just care about what people think who you care about.

terrified seems so extreme.

:bravo:

ali777

Reaction score
I know a few people that have medical reasons for being overweight, but apart from that a normal person shouldn't be overweight. A few extra pounds is acceptable but being 20-30kg overweight is a bit too much.

My weight has always fluctuated. I was a skinny kid, then I turned into a chubby kid. I was normal in my teens. In my 20s, I let myself go, and now I am thin again. So, I know a thing or two about being overweight.

One of the major problems I noticed with people around me is that we in general have a very sedentary lifestyle, that includes me as well. The solution to being healthy is to make an effort to have a more active lifestyle. Trust me, going to the gym 3 hours a week is not a solution. It's the little things that count.

Instead of driving to the shops, you should make an effort to walk to the shops. If your office is under 30-40 mins walking distance away, make an effort and walk it. On a weekend get out and go hiking or something. If you are thirsty don't have a coke or a beer, have a glass of water. If you fancy something sweet forget the cake, have an apple. Replace some of the carbs in your meals with veg... etc...

Those little things make a big difference. It takes a lifestyle change, not going to the gym 3 hours a week.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
WHAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT? I TOTALLY WALK ALL THE WAY TO MCDONALDS EVERYDAY AND IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.
Is this supposed to be a joke, an insult or are you being an ignorant prick?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
I know a few people that have medical reasons for being overweight, but apart from that a normal person shouldn't be overweight. A few extra pounds is acceptable but being 20-30kg overweight is a bit too much.

My weight has always fluctuated. I was a skinny kid, then I turned into a chubby kid. I was normal in my teens. In my 20s, I let myself go, and now I am thin again. So, I know a thing or two about being overweight.

One of the major problems I noticed with people around me is that we in general have a very sedentary lifestyle, that includes me as well. The solution to being healthy is to make an effort to have a more active lifestyle. Trust me, going to the gym 3 hours a week is not a solution. It's the little things that count.

Instead of driving to the shops, you should make an effort to walk to the shops. If your office is under 30-40 mins walking distance away, make an effort and walk it. On a weekend get out and go hiking or something. If you are thirsty don't have a coke or a beer, have a glass of water. If you fancy something sweet forget the cake, have an apple. Replace some of the carbs in your meals with veg... etc...

Those little things make a big difference. It takes a lifestyle change, not going to the gym 3 hours a week.
With all due respect, I do not drink alcohol, do drugs, smoke and RARELY ever drink pop. I'd say about 4 of 7 days a week I only eat 1 meal a day. Fast food, I eat it, once MAYBE twice a week on average. When I snack I do seem to snack not so healthy, but like I said, I'm not cramming food down my throat every 10 minutes of the day. I do need to start exercising more, back to the point, I take offense to being lumped in as a selfish, lazy, greedy, sit around and eat all day slob. That is not me and anyone who would generalize a large group of people like that is absolutely ignorant. If fat were a race, it would definitely be racist; on it's own, it's definitely a serious form of prejudice that need not be perpetuated. Some people need help that they aren't or can't get and some haven't realized that they need help yet. Some are just happy being the way they are. Making people feel like sh*t about what they are is very wrong.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You know, ideally we would all eat healthy foods and excersise would be a part of our lifestyle. But if you have the male pattern baldness gene, you will go bald regardless of how healthy you are. If you're not as prone to male pattern baldness and do all those things then maybe you can avoid or recover any minor hair loss through stress or whatever, but it will be so small that you wouldn't even notice it so there is really no point in debating over this.

ali777

Reaction score
slowburn said:
ali777 said:

With all due respect, I do not drink alcohol, do drugs, smoke and RARELY ever drink pop. I'd say about 4 of 7 days a week I only eat 1 meal a day. Fast food, I eat it, once MAYBE twice a week on average. When I snack I do seem to snack not so healthy, but like I said, I'm not cramming food down my throat every 10 minutes of the day. I do need to start exercising more, back to the point, I take offense to being lumped in as a selfish, lazy, greedy, sit around and eat all day slob. That is not me and anyone who would generalize a large group of people like that is absolutely ignorant. If fat were a race, it would definitely be racist; on it's own, it's definitely a serious form of prejudice that need not be perpetuated. Some people need help that they aren't or can't get and some haven't realized that they need help yet. Some are just happy being the way they are. Making people feel like sh*t about what they are is very wrong.

You must have a sedentary lifestyle. As I said, I was overweight in the past and it took me a few changes to get back on track.

I'd like to think my comments are neutral, I don't think I am being offensive here. I'm just trying to give you tips and encouragement. I lost 20kg in about a year, so I know it could be done. The point I was trying to highlight is that someone who makes a conscious effort to lose weight will lose weight.

I never really ate too much neither, but I had a bit to drink when I was younger. I would also go the whole winter without doing any sports. Over the years it all added up and I was overweight.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
slowburn said:
barcafan said:
Is this supposed to be a joke, an insult or are you being an ignorant prick?

can you really not see that Barca was making a joke here? its blindingly obvious! i thought it was funny.You got quite the attitude slowburn.....

powersam

Reaction score
slowburn said:

well there you go, you are tubby because you have horrible eating habits. fast food every week? unhealthy snacks? 4/7 days eating one meal a day? you'd probably be better off if you did eat every 10 minutes, rather than starving your body then overfeeding it so it stores every single piece of energy you give it.

if you don't mind being fat, then yay for you and your shortened lifespan, but don't make out like your body weight is completely out of your control.

s.a.f

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Back on topic, how has school been so far?

Seconded, I dont give a sh*t about fatties, they can get their own forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.