Going back to school soon, pretty terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ever thought that your fixation about your body/fitness could be related to your self consciousness about your hair. Ie making up for hairloss with a good physique?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, I've always been into exercising. I was in much better shape when I didn't even have a clue about my hairloss about 4 yrs ago. I've recently started the gym though, about 8 months ago. But it's something that I've always wanted to do. I despise over-weight people 'cause most of them look so miserable and unhappy about their appearance, but are not willing to do one damn thing to change it. They want to get everything with a snap of their fingers.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Nope, I've always been into exercising. I was in much better shape when I didn't even have a clue about my hairloss about 4 yrs ago. I've recently started the gym though, about 8 months ago. But it's something that I've always wanted to do. I despise over-weight people 'cause most of them look so miserable and unhappy about their appearance, but are not willing to do one damn thing to change it. They want to get everything with a snap of their fingers.
Now you're starting to sound like a jerk off. On one hand you hate people who mock you or can't accept you for your hair loss on the other hand you do it to people who are over weight. I say you reap what you sew.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nah man, f*** fat people, their problem is due to their own greed, hairloss is not our own fault. I am a little prejudiced against obese people, i'll admit that, because in my experience i generally find them to be not nice people. Obviously that;s a generalisation and not every person who is obese fits into it.

And when i say obese i don't mean someone with a beer belly...A lot of us have been there!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Lol. I'm 25 and almost bald yet I don't feel like being the "odd one out" because of that, even though none of my friends are balding. Infact, I'm the odd one out because of the way I eat, the way I think and how well I keep care of my body. That's why I'm the odd one out if anything.

If you think you are "almost bald" (judging from your pics you aren't even close), I can't wait to see how you will feel when you are bald.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
Now you're starting to sound like a jerk off. On one hand you hate people who mock you or can't accept you for your hair loss on the other hand you do it to people who are over weight. I say you reap what you sew.

I have been pointing this hypocracy out to him quite a few times in his threads. He doesn't want to see it. The funny thing is he isn't even CLOSE to being bald.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
That is the point. Being slick bald is the final destination and ultimate defeat in the minds of most everyone here who is taking these drugs to keep what they have and hopefully never have to see that day come. Whats worse is once you are slick bald, you're chances of getting your hair back by any conventional means be it medication or surgery are greatly declined. If you are an nw1.5Zoidberg and maintaining on the medications then you live in a completely different reality than folks like HP and myself who are stuck with no fighting chance whatsoever.

They won't "get it" until it happens. When you are losing your hair, it sucks. I remember it well. Why does it suck? Because you don't want to end up bald. That is why people take all those meds and topicals. They are trying to prevent being bald. hey are willing to ingest things that you have no idea what the long term side effects will be. All to KEEP from going bald.

Well, when you ARE bald, what can you do about it but just accept it? Even if you look lke crap! You have to "like the look". It's very different. And people won't get it until it happens.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:
Lol. I'm 25 and almost bald yet I don't feel like being the "odd one out" because of that, even though none of my friends are balding. Infact, I'm the odd one out because of the way I eat, the way I think and how well I keep care of my body. That's why I'm the odd one out if anything.

If you think you are "almost bald" (judging from your pics you aren't even close), I can't wait to see how you will feel when you are bald.

Bla bla, you still know better than me don't you. Stop answering to my posts if that's all you can come up with. Better still, I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to read your little-know-it-all jive.

slowburn said:
ghg said:

Now I never said that I hate people who mock me for my hairloss. I can take a joke, it's not a problem, but of course vicious remarks are another thing. Most obese people are obese because they're lazy, not because they can't do anything about it. It's not the same as hairloss, no way. If I wouldn't do anything about it, I'd be obese for sure, it's in my genes. But you know, I have enough self control not to eat too much of the wrong stuff and to exercise regularly. It's that simple. If reversing hairloss would be that simple, then these two things could be compared. In short, baldness is the result of bad genes, nothing more. Being obese is the result of being lazy and not caring for your own health.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Generally speaking, you can remedy being overweight through diet and excersize although it is not easy. For some people who are born fat from fat parents, have it in their genes and is harder for them to loose the weight. There are people who are genetically fat and can diet and excersize as much as an nw6 can take hair loss medications with the same shitty results. Both will have to opt for surgery to fix the problem, but still the risk is greater than the benefit for that too. There are just as many if not more fads and cheap products for weight loss than there are for hair loss.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are very few people who are genetically destined to be obese. Very few. I think it's safe to say that easily the most obese ppl are "obese by choice".

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
uncomfortable man said:
That is the point. Being slick bald is the final destination and ultimate defeat in the minds of most everyone here who is taking these drugs to keep what they have and hopefully never have to see that day come. Whats worse is once you are slick bald, you're chances of getting your hair back by any conventional means be it medication or surgery are greatly declined. If you are an nw1.5Zoidberg and maintaining on the medications then you live in a completely different reality than folks like HP and myself who are stuck with no fighting chance whatsoever.

Well, when you ARE bald, what can you do about it but just accept it? Even if you look lke crap! You have to "like the look". It's very different. And people won't get it until it happens.

Of course being bald is much worse than 'balding & on meds', you don't have to be rocket scientist to get that. But as usual, you miss the point and stick to repeating the same damn thing over and over again. I was commenting on the fact that you can't feel happy or as if you got some sort of consolation price for having a few more strands of hair as suppose to being completely bald.

Is it worst to be bald? Yes! But this isn't a competition to see who is in a crappier situation. This is a support forum for everyone suffering from male pattern baldness - It's not exclusive of anyone with any degree of hairloss.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:

When you work out and eat properly, you are always the odd one out. Sedentary people will give you so much crap for trying to improve yourself.

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Generally speaking, you can remedy being overweight through diet and excersize although it is not easy. For some people who are born fat from fat parents, have it in their genes and is harder for them to loose the weight. There are people who are genetically fat and can diet and excersize as much as an nw6 can take hair loss medications with the same shitty results. Both will have to opt for surgery to fix the problem, but still the risk is greater than the benefit for that too. There are just as many if not more fads and cheap products for weight loss than there are for hair loss.

Extremely small minority IMO. Usually when there arent results it's not because they're destined to stay fat, but rather they arent doing enough.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
barcafan said:
uncomfortable man said:

Extremely small minority IMO. Usually when there arent results it's not because they're destined to stay fat, but rather they arent doing enough.

Exactly. Many ppl are cutting the regular meals rather than the fast food, candy, cookies or such. Easiest way to lose weight: lay off the sugar. After that you can eat regular amount of anything without the need to starve.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Nah man, f*ck fat people, their problem is due to their own greed, hairloss is not our own fault. I am a little prejudiced against obese people, i'll admit that, because in my experience i generally find them to be not nice people. Obviously that;s a generalisation and not every person who is obese fits into it.

And when i say obese i don't mean someone with a beer belly...A lot of us have been there!
Way to go buddy. Keep reinforcing stupid stereotypes. Classy.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:

Bla bla, you still know better than me don't you. Stop answering to my posts if that's all you can come up with. Better still, I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to read your little-know-it-all jive.

slowburn said:
ghg said:

Now I never said that I hate people who mock me for my hairloss. I can take a joke, it's not a problem, but of course vicious remarks are another thing. Most obese people are obese because they're lazy, not because they can't do anything about it. It's not the same as hairloss, no way. If I wouldn't do anything about it, I'd be obese for sure, it's in my genes. But you know, I have enough self control not to eat too much of the wrong stuff and to exercise regularly. It's that simple. If reversing hairloss would be that simple, then these two things could be compared. In short, baldness is the result of bad genes, nothing more. Being obese is the result of being lazy and not caring for your own health.
You make far to many generalizations based on a lack of experience.
Not every obese person is lazy or eats to much.
Live and let live.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
There are very few people who are genetically destined to be obese. Very few. I think it's safe to say that easily the most obese ppl are "obese by choice".
Another stupid comment.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Slowburn, maybe you should try to back up your comments a bit, huh? How was my earlier comment stupid? If people can CHOOSE what to eat and how much to eat, then isn't it their fault if they're fat? I think it is. It's a CHOICE. Yet if our hair decides to abandon our head and nothing we do can change that, that isn't a choice. Can't you see the difference? Really? Infact you're being so extremely arrogant about this subject that I'd appreciate if you could show us all some stats about how genes ultimately determine our weight.

ZOIDBERG

Reaction score
I agree with every point that GHG has made and whoever said that its not fat peoples fault that they are fat is an idiot.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There was a recent study that said most people can remain 'normal' provided they exercise and don't eat like fat cows. So while some are more propense to hold on to weight, there is no excuse for becomming a hipo.

Status
Not open for further replies.