Men Need Everything Height,eye Area,lower Third, Hair, Gymcel, Frame

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This just isn't true. First of all people look very different now from 20 years ago. 20 Years ago only bodybuilders went to the gym. 20 Years ago no guys used moisturizers and stuff like that. 20 Years ago no guys had plastic surgery. There was no Instagram, no Facebook, no Snapchat, no Tinder. People smoked. People ate unhealthy. The truth is that society has changed alot since the days you were young, the average Joe goes to the gym and focuses on healthy habits in order to look his best.
The most important thing in 2017 in order to get a partner is looks.

Having things in common such as the enthusiasm for Marvel movies doesn't matter. Similarity or dissimalirities in personalities doesn't matter. http://www.psypost.org/2017/03/pers...initial-romantic-attraction-study-finds-48362

I think giving advices such as this to unattractive people gives them nothing but pain. The truth is these things you mention such as smiling and showing charisma doesn't do anything, at worst you'll be seen as creepy. This carrot on a stick mentality where if you just improve your personality you'll get girls is dangerous. What if someone who's never attracted a girl in his entire life actually listens to you? Have you thought about that? He'll chase this carrot, and when it inevitably fails he'll blame himself for not being interesting enough, not having enough charisma etc. When the problem is his looks which maybe he could have improved, or maybe he should have spent his time doing things that would actually benefit him instead of on things that only makes him suffer more than he already is.

Paradoxically, I think that the median person might be uglier in spite of overall standards being higher.

There's certainly a huge fraction of people with gym memberships, but how many actually consistently go 2/3 times a week for an extended period?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This just isn't true. First of all people look very different now from 20 years ago. 20 Years ago only bodybuilders went to the gym. 20 Years ago no guys used moisturizers and stuff like that. 20 Years ago no guys had plastic surgery. There was no Instagram, no Facebook, no Snapchat, no Tinder. People smoked. People ate unhealthy. The truth is that society has changed alot since the days you were young, the average Joe goes to the gym and focuses on healthy habits in order to look his best.
The most important thing in 2017 in order to get a partner is looks.

Having things in common such as the enthusiasm for Marvel movies doesn't matter. Similarity or dissimalirities in personalities doesn't matter. http://www.psypost.org/2017/03/pers...initial-romantic-attraction-study-finds-48362

I think giving advices such as this to unattractive people gives them nothing but pain. The truth is these things you mention such as smiling and showing charisma doesn't do anything, at worst you'll be seen as creepy. This carrot on a stick mentality where if you just improve your personality you'll get girls is dangerous. What if someone who's never attracted a girl in his entire life actually listens to you? Have you thought about that? He'll chase this carrot, and when it inevitably fails he'll blame himself for not being interesting enough, not having enough charisma etc. When the problem is his looks which maybe he could have improved, or maybe he should have spent his time doing things that would actually benefit him instead of on things that only makes him suffer more than he already is.

Obviously Im not saying people shouldn't do whatever they can to improve their looks. But this is madness. "The truth is these things you mention such as smiling and showing charisma doesn't do anything, at worst you'll be seen as creepy. " Come on... crazy talk. I promise you "smiling" is not now "creepy". And every example you gave of how everything is supposedly completely different than 20 years ago is irrelevant because obviously everyone has the same tools. In other words, 20 years ago men used hairspray, today maybe they use moisturizer. So what? And I'm sure some men don't do it today as some didnt do it 20 years ago. As some didnt wear leather jackets in the 50s or grow long hair in the 60s.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@yetti
Your personality, your confidence, and your intelligence matter because you're good looking. When you walk through an open door, you can believe that you get the benefits of walking through that door because you took the initiative. But you should understand that other people never see an open door, they see a brick wall. Some people not only see a brick wall, but they see a brick wall surrounded by defensive laser cannons, hostile armed guards, alarm bells, and booby traps meant to keep them out. But you don't see that. You see an open door, you walk through the door, you claim your trophy, and then you celebrate your initiative.

I'm not that good looking. I will tell you that when I've tried to hook up in one way and failed again and again I stopped doing it and tried other ways. I have never used Tinder but I dont think I'd get many (or any?) matches with it, just as I wasnt able to hook up in bars very often (much to my frustration). Bars are like Tinder and your face and style are everything and I saw that brick wall. But there are other ways. There are a world of lonely women out there who in the end dont give that much of a sh*t about what a man looks like, they just want a kind and trustworthy person to hug them. And exactly the same goes for men. Some of these people find each other. But ya'll are looks crazy, looks obsessed, both about yourselves and your potential partners, and it's doing you in. And if you think smiling is creepy you don't have a chance.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was at a party once with a bunch of girls who were talking about how Frank Lampard is the perfect example of an average guy.
This is where the bar is set now. If you don't look like a professional footballer, you are below average.

pic1_frank_lampard_shirtless_003.jpg

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was at a party once with a bunch of girls who were talking about how Frank Lampard is the perfect example of an average guy.
This is where the bar is set now. If you don't look like a professional footballer, you are below average.

View attachment 57051

I am sorry but that is nonsense. What matters is reality, and reality is that average is average. And average isnt like that professional footballer. I have also been at plenty of parties where girls, and guys, have talked all kinds of crazy sh*t that was not reality. And forums too.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not that good looking. I will tell you that when I've tried to hook up in one way and failed again and again I stopped doing it and tried other ways. I have never used Tinder but I dont think I'd get many (or any?) matches with it, just as I wasnt able to hook up in bars very often (much to my frustration). Bars are like Tinder and your face and style are everything and I saw that brick wall. But there are other ways. There are a world of lonely women out there who in the end dont give that much of a sh*t about what a man looks like, they just want a kind and trustworthy person to hug them. And exactly the same goes for men. Some of these people find each other. But ya'll are looks crazy, looks obsessed, both about yourselves and your potential partners, and it's doing you in.

I don't see that many lonely women honestly, maybe they stay at home and wonder where all the nice guys went.

At my job and at my current job, all (*all*) but one of the women within five years of my age were in a long-term relationship.

I signed up for a speed dating event a while back, they cancelled it because women were not interested. They only had men who wanted to go.

I go to cooking classes a lot, every time there's a remotely attractive women (and I'm not picky) there in the age bracket 25-35 she's there with her boyfriend. A while back two lesbians asked to fix me up with their single female friend. I said ok. They said she has a kid, is that ok? I asked, how old is the kid? They told me that he was in his 20s. The woman was 53.

In a month I'll start volounteering, either at an animal shelter or with at-risk children (I have not decided yet). I can bet you that there will be no single women there in my age range.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry but that is nonsense. What matters is reality, and reality is that average is average. And average isnt like that professional footballer. I have also been at plenty of parties where girls, and guys, have talked all kinds of crazy sh*t that was not reality. And forums too.

No, the average of what people see is not the average of the general population, given that people spend a lot of time online looking at instagram, etc.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously Im not saying people shouldn't do whatever they can to improve their looks. But this is madness. "The truth is these things you mention such as smiling and showing charisma doesn't do anything, at worst you'll be seen as creepy. " Come on... crazy talk. I promise you "smiling" is not now "creepy". And every example you gave of how everything is supposedly completely different than 20 years ago is irrelevant because obviously everyone has the same tools. In other words, 20 years ago men used hairspray, today maybe they use moisturizer. So what? And I'm sure some men don't do it today as some didnt do it 20 years ago. As some didnt wear leather jackets in the 50s or grow long hair in the 60s.
Not if you're good looking.

Is it really that hard to understand that there are elements in our lives that are outside of our control and that determine our well being from the day we're born to the day we die? Is it really that hard to understand that some shortcomings and imperfections can't be fixed through unfathomable amounts of self improvement and positive thinking? Is it really that hard to understand that success and happiness may be biased towards those who are more attractive? Is it really that hard to understand that not everything is fair and not everything will eventually be fair?

Are you avoiding these thoughts on purpose to feel more accomplished with your achievments? Are you avoiding these thoughts because you don't want to feel like for some it truly is hopeless? Or are you giving bullshit advice to feel even better about yourself?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, the average of what people see is not the average of the general population, given that people spend a lot of time online looking at instagram, etc.

Sure, but that average of what people hook up with and marry is not that footballer, because hes not actually the average. We are talking about reality, not what people fantasize about and see on TV.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not if you're good looking.

Is it really that hard to understand that there are elements in our lives that are outside of our control and that determine our well being from the day we're born to the day we die? Is it really that hard to understand that some shortcomings and imperfections can't be fixed through unfathomable amounts of self improvement and positive thinking? Is it really that hard to understand that success and happiness may be biased towards those who are more attractive? Is it really that hard to understand that not everything is fair and not everything will eventually be fair?

Are you avoiding these thoughts on purpose to feel more accomplished with your achievments? Are you avoiding these thoughts because you don't want to feel like for some it truly is hopeless? Or are you giving bullshit advice to feel even better about yourself?

Whatever, take it or leave it. If youre bad looking AND you never smile AND you think charisma is "creepy", then its over, a self-fulfilling prophesy. All you have to do is walk around any place, in reality, with actual walking and talking human beings and their significant others and families to see that there are a whole lot of "ugly" people with partners. Everywhere. You could walk through some towns and I bet virtually every person and their partner you see would be rated here a "3". No? Imagine a fine day in... well I wont name states but you can imagine. Do you think everyone looks like that footballer? How about, anyone?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liberal arts student : Unemployed for 20 years. Eventually goes into politics and steals money from the state
Its a joke meme.

My two closest friends have arts degree: one works in HR and earns decent money and the other works in PR who also makes good money.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just goes to show the presumptions of good looking tall fullhead vs norwooding manlets. They absolutely had to make the STEM students ugly.
Our law library was mixed with the arts library and I spent most of my time there - but whenever I went to the science and tech library I was always shocked in how much worse they dressed and how many more men over women there were.

The stereotype is pretty accurate.

Mind you, if you did get a super hot scientist then they would be snapped up by an elite woman

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just goes to show the presumptions of good looking tall fullhead vs norwooding manlets. They absolutely had to make the STEM students ugly. "Creeps out girl with a glance" @yetti . Not even a smile, a f*****g glance!
giphy.gif
Incels work their whole lives to make this world a better place and receive nothing in the mating world in return.

Assholes just exist and receive everything.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't see that many lonely women honestly, maybe they stay at home and wonder where all the nice guys went.

At my job and at my current job, all (*all*) but one of the women within five years of my age were in a long-term relationship.

I signed up for a speed dating event a while back, they cancelled it because women were not interested. They only had men who wanted to go.

I go to cooking classes a lot, every time there's a remotely attractive women (and I'm not picky) there in the age bracket 25-35 she's there with her boyfriend. A while back two lesbians asked to fix me up with their single female friend. I said ok. They said she has a kid, is that ok? I asked, how old is the kid? They told me that he was in his 20s. The woman was 53.

In a month I'll start volounteering, either at an animal shelter or with at-risk children (I have not decided yet). I can bet you that there will be no single women there in my age range.

It's great that you'll be volunteering, those are both great causes.

It does get harder to meet new people as you get older, of course. And if you're not in or near a city you can exhaust your venues.

Speaking frankly if I were you I'd think about getting into social situations with girls that are looking for a mensch.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
My degree was in law and I'm not sure which group that fits into because UK uni's do not have neat categories for what is 'arts'

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's great that you'll be volunteering, those are both great causes.

It does get harder to meet new people as you get older, of course. And if you're not in or near a city you can exhaust your venues.

Speaking frankly if I were you I'd think about getting into social situations with girls that are looking for a mensch.

I'm doing what I can, but ultimately it's a very difficult situation.

The best women in my observations are to be found in one's twenties. It's not just that they're "in prime", it's that they're available. Women in their 20s typically get *a lot* of attention. There will typically be hundreds of men interested in them over time. I've had lots of female friends, and the ones I knew all had multiple men seriously interested in them over time. They picked men or declined men the way we might pick or decline food at an buffet: see what's available and try and take the best option. By the end of it, they're likely in a committed relationship.

Among the reasons a woman might be available at a later age: She's extremely picky, she's bad at relationships, she's not desirable herself, or she's been unlucky. I doubt that door #4 is the busiest one.

I remember my undergraduate years. I didn't realize it at the time but I was swimming in an ocean of single, beautiful women. Plus university is like 55% women by enrollment which makes things easier. I wish I could go back. I unfortunately had neither the personal skills nor the grooming habits nor the self-awareness necessary to capitalize.