We killed Bin Laden! f*** your Jihad! Hoorah Seals!!!!!!!!!!

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: We killed Bin Laden! f*ck your Jihad! Hoorah Seals!!!!!!!!!!

aussieavodart said:
How about not dominating and terrorizing people in other countries for a start?

It's a truly strange attitude to suggest there is no other way to look out for the security of our countries other than to keep doing what we've been doing for the last few decades (bomb, occupy, torture, subjugate).

Aussieavodart you are being sensational here and you do it all the time to enforce your ideology.

Aussieavodart, have you not been watching the news? IT IS THERE OWN GOVERNMENT THEY FEAR, NOT THE USA.

The latest headlines show these governments have been "bombing, or occupying, or torturing,or subjugating" their own people for decades and now the people are revolting trying to break free.

Why you blame the USA, The UN has issued mandates that the free nations are enforcing many to relief of those countries invaded.

I eat at an restaurant owned by an afgan wife and Pakistan husband. They often tell me how awful and backwards and dangerous Afghanistan was and now they can actually visit there relatives without worry of being robbed or kidnapped. They say there has been major improvements, and things were so bad that anything would be an improvement.

Again this is not Switzerland we are invading.

HughJass

Reaction score

Bryan said:
My sister (the former US Ambassador) is here in Houston visiting me for a few days, and I just showed her this post of yours. After pointing out to her the last sentence above about the 1970's, she scratched her head and thought about it a bit, agreeing with me that she couldn't see any reason to believe that we became more "partisan" during that period of time. She told me to ask you to give your reasons for believing that!

There had been a US arms embargo against Israel until the 60's. Military 'loans' and all manner of diplomatic and financial support flowed after the 70's. There was support for Israel from the US prior to this but nothing like what it is now.

Anytime Israel was condemned at the UN or expect to fulfill some kind of legal obligation the US was there to veto the resolution. Every year there is resolution in the GA called the peaceful settlement of the Israel-Palestine conflict, it's basically a vote for the two state solution. Every year the vote is roughly the same: the entire world on one side (in favor of the resolution) and Israel, America, sometimes Australia and a few pacific islands opposing it.

There was a recent resolution condemning the settlements a few months back, that was vetoed by the US. There was a resolution passed in the congress condemning the Goldstone Report as well (that's the report investigating war crimes from the 2008 Gaza War)

HughJass

Reaction score

Cassin said:
Ah, so a religion of peace.

I didn't say that. I said the US didn't start to become the target of muslim hatred until the 70's.

Oh and btw....I never said ONLY

when you make the claim that they'll call jihad on us no matter what our policies are, then you're making it all about religion and nothing else.

HughJass

Reaction score

hairrific said:
Aussieavodart you are being sensational here and you do it all the time to enforce your ideology.

What is sensational?

That we have occupied these countries and killed and tortured civilians? Or the suggestion this kind of behaviour is not conducive to good outcomes for either us or them?

Aussieavodart, have you not been watching the news? IT IS THERE OWN GOVERNMENT THEY FEAR, NOT THE USA.

Yes, they loathe their governments. But that doesn't mean they think highly of the United States-

"....a poll taken a few months ago on Arab opinions from The Brookings Institute show 80% think Isreal is the biggest threat to the region. The second major threat is the U.S. at 77%, 10% regard Iran as a major threat. This news is not reported in mainstream papers, but it is familiar to the English, Israeli and the U.S. governments."

The latest headlines show these governments have been "bombing, or occupying, or torturing,or subjugating" their own people for decades and now the people are revolting trying to break free.

With the support of the US, Britain et al

Why you blame the USA, The UN has issued mandates that the free nations are enforcing many to relief of those countries invaded.

There was no mandate for the attack on Iraq. Attacking Afghanistan was illegitimate as no evidence was produced of Bin Laden's involvement. The mandate towards Libya has now been breached- it called for the protection of civilians and now NATO has taken sides in a civil war and is attempting to overthrow the government.

Just because something has a UN mandate behind it does not automatically mean it's right. The sanctions against Iraq were approved by the UNSC but no good argument exists which could justify a policy which killed a million and a half children.

I eat at an restaurant owned by an afgan wife and Pakistan husband. They often tell me how awful and backwards and dangerous Afghanistan was and now they can actually visit there relatives without worry of being robbed or kidnapped. They say there has been major improvements, and things were so bad that anything would be an improvement.

Again this is not Switzerland we are invading.

There's plenty of reason not to share that upbeat assesment of the security situation in those countries. I've already posted articles and military reports showing how much of Afghanistan remains under Taliban control, and the parts they don't control are under the influence of groups who are just as bad if not worse than the Taliban. Pakistan is more unstable and violent in many places than it was prior to the Afghanistan invasion.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score

Well than that settles it. In your own word Aussieavodart the USA needs to get out of the middle east entirely and obey the letter that Osama wrote. The other countries probably will stay and conduct business as usual especially since countries tend to do business all the time its just we wont be there conducting trade (stealing the oil at a low price I think Osama said) and bombing, killing children, murdering women, sending our young troops in to die for nothing, destroying our economy. In your own words Aussieavodart, in your own words.

Then they will have to come up with some other reason to kill us and hate us. Should take to long, not long at all.....

Cassin

Reaction score

What's amusing to me (and probably nobody else..maybe some old timers remember me making a thread or two about them) is I used to live next to a 3 bedroom apartment crammed with people from Saudi Arabia....4 guys always lived there and there was a revolving door of cousins that would make their way through for a few weeks at a time. I ended up becoming pretty decent friends with them...still shoot a few an email every once in-awhile.

So back on point...they weren't a fan of all US politics but they would disagree with a lot of what Aussie says. They were somewhat religious themselves and definitely thought women should be somewhat subservient but they thought the middle east was out of control by bad leadership. They kind of just complained about everyone really. lol

Anyway....I miss living next to them. Made damn near the same food everyday but it was good. Americanwise they loved Lone Star beer and fish tacos.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

aussieavodart said:
There had been a US arms embargo against Israel until the 60's. Military 'loans' and all manner of diplomatic and financial support flowed after the 70's. There was support for Israel from the US prior to this but nothing like what it is now.

Anytime Israel was condemned at the UN or expect to fulfill some kind of legal obligation the US was there to veto the resolution. Every year there is resolution in the GA called the peaceful settlement of the Israel-Palestine conflict, it's basically a vote for the two state solution. Every year the vote is roughly the same: the entire world on one side (in favor of the resolution) and Israel, America, sometimes Australia and a few pacific islands opposing it.

There was a recent resolution condemning the settlements a few months back, that was vetoed by the US. There was a resolution passed in the congress condemning the Goldstone Report as well (that's the report investigating war crimes from the 2008 Gaza War)

Hi, Aussie. This is Sally, Bryan's sister, the former U.S. diplomat. Just a couple of quick comments on your posting.

I do agree entirely that the West's policies certainly influence Muslim people's attitudes. How can they not? That is the way the world works. U.S. support for Israel is of course at the center of the anti-US sentiment in the Arab world (as opposed to the Muslim world). I can't resist pointing out that this anti-US sentiment exists in spite of the US providing tens of millions of dollars a year in economic assistance to the region (in addition to the military assistance).

[In an effort to be objective and fair, it should be pointed out that, while one may disagree vehemently with Israeli foreign policy, Israel has the only democracy in the Middle East with highly developed social programs, huge scientific capacity, and one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. I would call your attention to the U.N.'s report on the Arab world that was published in the early 2000s which was a broadly accepted indictment of the underdevelopment in Arab countries because of the failure of their economic policies, their failure to invest in education, and their treatment of women.]

I think there are two (at least) major issues in the region: the Palestinian issue and the Arab region's underdevelopment.

With regard to your point that US policy shifted in the 1970s, yes and no. See the paragraphs below, please:

"Up until the mid-1960s, State Department and Pentagon officials argued that Israel did not need American arms because it was strong enough to defend itself (as evidenced by the Suez campaign) and had access to arms elsewhere. Officials also worried that the Arabs would be alienated and provoked to ask the Soviets and Chinese for weapons that would stimulate a Middle East arms race.

"U.S. policy first shifted with John Kennedy's 1962 sale of HAWK antiaircraft missiles to Israel, which was made over the objection of the State Department, but only after Egypt obtained long-range bombers from the Soviets. Lyndon Johnson subsequently provided Israel with tanks and aircraft, but these sales were balanced by transfers to Arab countries. U.S. policy was to avoid providing one state in the area a military advantage over the other. This changed in 1968 when Johnson announced the sale of Phantom jets to Israel. That sale established the United States as Israel's principal arms supplier. It also marked the beginning of the U.S. policy to give Israel a qualitative military edge over its neighbors."

I can't remember my specific source for the above two paragraphs but I found them on the web and know them to be accurate. A minor point of clarification: the US did not have an "embargo" on Israel up until the 1970s. It simply had made a decision not to sell arms to Israel since it viewed Israel as not needing US arms. That is different from an "embargo."

In the late 1970s, as you know, President Carter negotiated the historically important Camp David agreement that brought peace to the Middle East's two most important belligerents who had gone to war with each other several times since WWII. Widescale war in the region is unthinkable without Egypt's and Israel's participation. [This is not to say that local conflicts, i.e., Israel-Lebanon, Israel-Gaza, etc. don't occur.] This was followed by Jordan's peace treaty with Israel and, I would argue, a grudging, quiet (i.e., rarely publicly acknowledged) accommodation between Israel and several Gulf countries (incl. the Saudis).

Clearly US policy is to support Israel for the reasons everyone knows. What is less known is how much the US has leaned on Israel at different points during recent history. In fact I would argue that the US-Israel relationship hsa been very very very bumpy during much of the past quarter century. Certainly it is today as a result of the Obama Administration's policies.

I myself have been critical of Israel's foreign policies. The single most important thing Israel could do to ensure its national security would be to negotiate an early emergence of a Palestinian state. Having said that, the Palestinians have blown it -- totally blown it -- on more than one occasion. [I am thinking specifically of President Clinton's having come within a hair of getting an agreement and the Palestinians couldn't bring themselves to accept victory.] I spent a fair amount of time in the Middle East during the 1990s and, while I am hugely sympathetic to the Arab cause, I put the blame for the Arabs' underdevelopment squarely on their own shoulders.

A last comment (on re-reading the above comments they may appear to be a bit disjointed): the Arab countries have not been independent for very long. They are still smarting from the colonial period (the Ottoman, then the European). Israel probably would not be independent today were it not for President Truman's leadership in pushing for the creation of the state of Israel. So the Arab countries certainly have that in the back of their minds...in addition to their ire over the Palestinians' plight and the US' public strong support for Israel (the very real skirmishes between the US and Israel are generally kept under wraps).

To sum up.....what needs to change? The US needs to support a Palestinian state and President Obama's speech yesterday is an important step in that direction. The US also needs to stand squarely on the side of those calling for political reform in the region. This is easier said than done since some of the monarchies are our staunchest allies against Iran.

One thing one learns early on as a foreign policy decision-maker is that often one has no good options; rather one has only various bad or poor options. You do the right thing vis-a-vis one country and you pay a stiff price vis-a-vis some other country. Foreign policy is the art of balance while protecting (or trying to protect) one's principles.

powersam

Reaction score

Bryan said:
One thing one learns early on as a foreign policy decision-maker is that often one has no good options; rather one has only various bad or poor options. You do the right thing vis-a-vis one country and you pay a stiff price vis-a-vis some other country. Foreign policy is the art of balance while protecting (or trying to protect) one's principles.

That involves making the assumption that you should be out there messing around with other countries.

HughJass

Reaction score

hairrific said:
Well than that settles it. In your own word Aussieavodart the USA needs to get out of the middle east entirely and obey the letter that Osama wrote. The other countries probably will stay and conduct business as usual especially since countries tend to do business all the time its just we wont be there conducting trade (stealing the oil at a low price I think Osama said) and bombing, killing children, murdering women, sending our young troops in to die for nothing, destroying our economy. In your own words Aussieavodart, in your own words.

Then they will have to come up with some other reason to kill us and hate us. Should take to long, not long at all.....

Basically your argument is that American/western foreign policy shouldn't be determined by the kind of ethics we apparently stand for (support for democracy, free speech etc) or by any kind of risk it could pose to the national security of our countries. Apparently it should just be conducted on the basis of 'if we don't do it somebody else will'. Yes?

We can all agree that a crime is a crime when a muslim detonates on a bus or drives a truck full of explosives into a crowd of people, yet it seems you are not interested in applying the rule of law to OUR governments and armies so it's no surprise you can't grasp what I'm saying.

HughJass

Reaction score

Cassin said:
So back on point...they weren't a fan of all US politics but they would disagree with a lot of what Aussie says.

Can you recall which parts, specifically?

They were somewhat religious themselves and definitely thought women should be somewhat subservient but they thought the middle east was out of control by bad leadership.

The ME does have terrible leadership.

The thing is though in most cases that leadership only survives because of the support it gets (financial and military) via the west.

HughJass

Reaction score

Bryan said:
Hi, Aussie. This is Sally, Bryan's sister, the former U.S. diplomat. Just a couple of quick comments on your posting.

Hi Sally :)

I can't resist pointing out that this anti-US sentiment exists in spite of the US providing tens of millions of dollars a year in economic assistance to the region (in addition to the military assistance).

It should be no surprise that the people of the ME can't be bought off with financial aid (most of which never reaches the citizens as it goes to line the pockets of the corrupt 'governments' of the region) when the US and it's allies are still helping to torture or kill people at the same time.

[In an effort to be objective and fair, it should be pointed out that, while one may disagree vehemently with Israeli foreign policy, Israel has the only democracy in the Middle East with highly developed social programs, huge scientific capacity, and one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. I would call your attention to the U.N.'s report on the Arab world that was published in the early 2000s which was a broadly accepted indictment of the underdevelopment in Arab countries because of the failure of their economic policies, their failure to invest in education, and their treatment of women.]

That's an often repeated claim that doesn't really stand up to any scrutiny. Your own state department doesn't even agree with that assesment:

Israel dismally fails the requirements of a tolerant pluralistic society, according to a new report from the U.S. State Department.

There are already about 30 laws which discriminate against Arab Israeli citizens and more are on their way-

Here are just a few examples of approximately twenty bills that have either been approved or are currently under consideration.

• The Knesset approved a new law stating that organisations and institutions that commemorate Nakba Day, "deny the Jewish and democratic character of the State", and shall not receive public funds. Thus, even in the Arab schools within Israel, the Nakba must be erased. So much for democratic contestation and multiculturalism.

• Another new law states that "acceptance committees" of villages and communities may turn down a candidate if he or she "fails to meet the fundamental views of the community". According to ACRI, this bill intends to deny ethnic minorities' access to Jewish communities set up on predominantly public lands. So unless the new Arab pro-democracy movements want to base their countries on apartheid-like segregation, this is also not a law to emulate.

• The Knesset has approved a bill that pardons most of the protesters who demonstrated against Israel's withdrawal from Gaza. Although legislation easing punitive measures against persons who exercise their right to political protest is, in principle, positive, this particular bill blatantly favours activists with a certain political ideology. This does not bode well for the basic notion of equality before the law.

• An amendment to the existing Penalty Code stipulates that people who publish a call that denies the existence of the State of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state shall be imprisoned. This extension of the existing law criminalises political views that the ruling political group does not accept. It is supported by the government and has passed a preliminary reading. Burgeoning democracies should definitely shy away from such legislation.

• There is currently a proposed bill to punish persons who initiate, promote, or publish material that might serve as grounds for imposing a boycott. The bill insists that these people are committing an offence and may be ordered to compensate parties economically affected by that boycott, including fixed reparations of 30,000 New Israeli Shekels (US$8,700), without an obligation on the plaintiffs to prove damages. This bill has already passed the first reading.

• Finally, a bill presented to the Knesset in October would require members of local and city councils, as well as some other civil servants, to pledge allegiance to Israel as a Jewish and democratic state.
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/op ... 85794.html

and not to forget the recent jailing of an Israeli peace activist who was found guilty of participating in an 'illegal' protest.

But the most egregious example of Israel's lack of democracy is the total control it extends over 1.6 million people in Gaza and nother 2.5 million people in Gaza. These populations are not permitted to elect the people who determine almost every aspect of their lives. Add to that the recent revelation of Israel cancelling residency status to Palestinians living in the West Bank while they were travelling overseas.

It's pretty obvious just from all those examples (and there are more) that Israel is not a democracy by our standards. Even if it was, it wouldn't really mean much as the problem most people have with Israel are it's foreign policies.

I can't remember my specific source for the above two paragraphs but I found them on the web and know them to be accurate. A minor point of clarification: the US did not have an "embargo" on Israel up until the 1970s. It simply had made a decision not to sell arms to Israel since it viewed Israel as not needing US arms. That is different from an "embargo."

As I understand it from the many different sources I've read from, it was an embargo. But I guess that's just symantics.

Clearly US policy is to support Israel for the reasons everyone knows. What is less known is how much the US has leaned on Israel at different points during recent history. In fact I would argue that the US-Israel relationship hsa been very very very bumpy during much of the past quarter century. Certainly it is today as a result of the Obama Administration's policies.

I disagree there for the most part. The only time there was any kind of bump in the road then I can see was H.W Bush's decision to withhold loan guarantees from Israel around the time of the Madrid conference. It's basically received all of the vetoes at the UN it requested plus stacks of financial and military aid. Clinton gave unprecedented levels of support to Israel when he came to office and Obama is now topping that so I don't agree with your characterization of current US admin-Israel relations. If it is bumpy, then it's just theater being played out for political purposes. Here's a speech by Michael Oren which basically paints a picture of Obama being the most pro-Israel US president in history:

Ambassador Oren and his wonderful wife Sally warmly received each guest -then stood before the assembled crowd in what was the best stump speech for President Obama that I have heard from any world leader (and yes, Ambassador Oren speaks FOR Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel!). Without a note, Ambassador Oren outlined the brilliant accomplishments and strong support of Israel demonstrated by the Obama Administration in LESS THAN 2 YEARS! Oren invoked our President’s name, time and time again: (please memorize these bullet points and tell everyone you know!)

President Obama has led the global effort to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

President Obama’s leadership (and coaxing) has produced an international coalition that INCLUDES China and Russia who have implemented unprecedented sanctions against Iran, which, according to conversations at the Monday reception, appear to have caught Iran off-guard

President Obama and his team are spending more time on this issue than almost any other issue facing our country today

President Obama and our Congress have provided Israel with every cent (and then some) of foreign assistance requested by Israel

President Obama has restored Israel’s QME (qualitative military edge) which had been neglected for the last 8 years

President Obama is the FIRST American leader to say – in an Arab country (Egypt) that the Arab world must recognize Israel as a JEWISH state and in a support of Israel’s legitimacy to affirm the –quote- “unshakeable “ bond between the USA & Israel

President Obama & team played a critical role in leading a UNANIMOUS vote to include Israel in the OECD (Organization of Economic Cooperation & Development). The vote was 31-0 admitting Israel to this prestigious organization

President Obama has dispatched leaders of the Joint Chiefs to Israel not once, but four times already in his less-than-2-years in office ( before that the Joint chiefs had not been in Israel for YEARS (not once during the ‘last’ administration)

The Obama administration has integrated US missile technology into Israel’s expanding missile shield. NO OTHER AMERICAN PRESIDENT HAS DONE THIS.

The Obama administration continues to fund development of ARROW-3, Israel’s advanced long-rage, high-altitude system for countering Iranian ballistic missiles

President Obama asked Congress for $205 million dollars for Israel’s IRON DOME rocket defense system (which will reduce incoming rocket threats from Hizbullah in the north and Hamas in the south…) – this request is IN ADDITION TO the $3 BILLION budgetary request for Israel’s security assistance!

And my personal under-the-radar item; the Obama team’s clever input to re-wording the Gaza blockade language which not only garnered international support for Israel (and a promise not to condemn Israel if Gd forbid there is another flotilla incident) BUT effectively thwarted several pending flotillas in Mediterranean and Persian Gulf ports… that simply became the boats-to-nowhere!

And last, but surely not least, (and listed in this basic order by Ambass. Oren) the Israeli-Palestinian conflict negotiators are sitting as we speak at a table together – talking. Who knows what the result will be….but talking is the only way to get anywhere. And it is a giant step in a positive direction.

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn10012010.html

I myself have been critical of Israel's foreign policies. The single most important thing Israel could do to ensure its national security would be to negotiate an early emergence of a Palestinian state. Having said that, the Palestinians have blown it -- totally blown it -- on more than one occasion. [I am thinking specifically of President Clinton's having come within a hair of getting an agreement and the Palestinians couldn't bring themselves to accept victory.] I spent a fair amount of time in the Middle East during the 1990s and, while I am hugely sympathetic to the Arab cause, I put the blame for the Arabs' underdevelopment squarely on their own shoulders.

Ahh the infamous camp david myth! The proposals put forward by the Israelis didn't constitute a Palestinian state, it was a proposal for the Palestinians to live in three fragmented segments which were to be disconnected from it's economic hub of East Jerusalem with Israel maintaining control over the borders, airspace and water resources. Unfortunately the Dennis Ross version of events are the ones which made their way into mainstream opinion. This has been thoroughly documented, you can view the maps online as well. Here's a really good article about it if you are interested:

The Myth of the Generous Offer

To sum up.....what needs to change? The US needs to support a Palestinian state and President Obama's speech yesterday is an important step in that direction. The US also needs to stand squarely on the side of those calling for political reform in the region. This is easier said than done since some of the monarchies are our staunchest allies against Iran.

I think I'll be echoing Powersam's comment here....

The idea which is often thrown at there by the US, Britain, Australia etc- that our hands are tied and we've got no choice but to do the unthinkable such as support a regime like Saudi Arabia only makes sense if you are of the opinion that our countries MUST be involved in the region, or that it has some right to be. That's standard imperial mentality and it seems to be a deeply ingrained belief amongst the intellectual and ruling class in our countries (including the diplomatic service!) The idea that whether or not the US and it's allies should be involved in the region at all is never considered by those people, it's just a given that the we must be.

The only principle that our country's foreign policy goals are based on is control. If we meant what we say about supporting democracy we'd do it instead of backing all those criminal monarchies. I've never seen an example where the option of fostering local democracy movements wasn't available in any of those same countries.

Jacob

Reaction score

Cassin said:
Wow..that was a great read. Thank you for sharing.
]

A great read?? You support what Obama outlined the other day?
Netanyahu made Obama look like a little schoolgirl yesterday.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score

Sally, that was an wonderful summery showing USA and allies have compassion for fellow mankind regardless of there race religion etc. Unfortunately terrorist and religious extremist won't understand any of it.

LETS CUT TO THE CHASE:

WHEN aussieavodart gets his way and Palestine becomes a state, we can then all look at the next chapter. Here it is:

1. aussieavodart and many of Israel's neighbors will STILL unfairly, officially, NOT recognize Israels right to exist and as a sovereign nation.

2. Terrorism will still take place because many of Israel's neighbors have already stated officially at the government level as well as the terrorist extremist level that "a Jewish state is unacceptable in the region and must be returned to Muslelums as according to the prophet Mohammad in the holy writings".

3. The Jews is not going to leave the region peacefully like the radicals want because hey where would they go and hey it is their home for heavens sake (aussieavodart will argue it is not there home, but it is) LOL!

4. The JEWS who have nothing anyone wants there, a very small sliver of land with rocks and sand, salt water intrusion in the fresh water, no oil fields, nasty attitudes and aussieavodarts all around on the boarders. They will be bombed, children killed, women rapped, attacked, told to leave.... the vary things aussieavodart says he does not like, happens to the Jews, even on a larger scale because the Jews are now isolated thanks to aussieavodart type policies.

5. Ten years from now we will still be arguing with aussieavodart that we are not killing children, bombing, murdering women any more than our enemies are, or, will, when radicals get there hands on Pakistani Nukes, etc, and Iran gets nukes also. But aussieavodart believes they should have them because "we have them" type logic.

Radical thinkers all say the Jews and the USA are the problem. It is also the RANT of people in Indonesia and the emigrants at my work, from Bosnia, Croatia, mexico, Asia, etc. , and many other Muslim nations not just the middle east. So lets not act like there is no uneducated radical religious bias or agenda because there is and it is rotten to the core, that is the problem, not the USA. :)

Cassin

Reaction score

aussieavodart said:
Cassin said:
So back on point...they weren't a fan of all US politics but they would disagree with a lot of what Aussie says.

Can you recall which parts, specifically?

They were somewhat religious themselves and definitely thought women should be somewhat subservient but they thought the middle east was out of control by bad leadership.

The ME does have terrible leadership.

The thing is though in most cases that leadership only survives because of the support it gets (financial and military) via the west

I will see if I can dig up an old email....would probably do a better job than me going by memory. But to be honest you kind of hit the topic with your bolded comment. So maybe you're not as far off as I initially thought.

In all fairness....everyone that is arguing the other side of Aussie should read that part I bolded. I don't think he is being as narrow minded as he is coming off...IMO.

HughJass

Reaction score

hairrific said:
Sally, that was an wonderful summery showing USA and allies have compassion for fellow mankind regardless of there race religion etc. Unfortunately terrorist and religious extremist won't understand any of it.

LETS CUT TO THE CHASE:

WHEN aussieavodart gets his way and Palestine becomes a state, we can then all look at the next chapter. Here it is:

1. aussieavodart and many of Israel's neighbors will STILL unfairly, officially, NOT recognize Israels right to exist and as a sovereign nation.

Flat out incorrect. Even Hamas who boast about destroying Israel have publicly declared that they will accept it's existence on the 67 line: Hamas Again Accepts a Palestinian State on The 1967 Lines

You might be interested to know that the Likud (the current Israeli governing party) has their own charter. It refuses to recognize a Palestinian state (which the Palestinians have every right to have of course) .

2. Terrorism will still take place because many of Israel's neighbors have already stated officially at the government level as well as the terrorist extremist level that "a Jewish state is unacceptable in the region and must be returned to Muslelums as according to the prophet Mohammad in the holy writings".

The militant movements which Israel is dealing with now only came into being after Israeli atrocities. The PLO came into being after Palestinians had been ethnically cleansed by Jewish paramilitary groups. Hezbollah came into being after Israel attacked southern Lebanon and killed about 20,000 and then occupied it for 2 decades and Hamas came into being after the occupation of Gaza and the West Bank.

Once those land are all returned there isn't much reason to believe those groups will continue to fight on. They have support amongst their respective populations because in many cases they've been the only that stood between Palestinian and Lebanese civilians and Israeli bullets.
3. The Jews is not going to leave the region peacefully like the radicals want because hey where would they go and hey it is their home for heavens sake (aussieavodart will argue it is not there home, but it is) LOL!

I don't know who you are referring to when you say 'the radicals'. You are speaking in generalizations and caricatures.The PLO have been signed onto a two state solution for many years now and Hamas have publicly declared the same thing. Hezbollah say they are willing to let the Palestinians sort things out. There are n

4. The JEWS who have nothing anyone wants there, a very small sliver of land with rocks and sand, salt water intrusion in the fresh water, no oil fields, nasty attitudes and aussieavodarts all around on the boarders. They will be bombed, children killed, women rapped, attacked, told to leave.... the vary things aussieavodart says he does not like, happens to the Jews, even on a larger scale because the Jews are now isolated thanks to aussieavodart type policies.

Like any other country in the world, Israel will survive if learns how to get on with it's neighbours, As it happens it's had a history of wanting to constantly aquire more land through since it's creation and has fought a number of wars against it's neighbours to realize this goal. To characterize them as a benevolent country who mind their own business while fending off hoards of barbarians is contrary to the most basic reading of history. There was ideological movement to displace Palestinian Arabs from their homes and create an ethnically exlusive state going back as far as the late 1800's.

5. Ten years from now we will still be arguing with aussieavodart that we are not killing children, bombing, murdering women any more than our enemies are...

So it's not a matter of whether our behaviour towards other countries is criminal or immoral, it's a matter of whether or not the number of civilians we are killing is in proportion to the numbers our enemies are killing?

They are very low standards for us to adhere to.

Radical thinkers all say the Jews and the USA are the problem. It is also the RANT of people in Indonesia and the emigrants at my work, from Bosnia, Croatia, mexico, Asia, etc. , and many other Muslim nations not just the middle east. So lets not act like there is no uneducated radical religious bias or agenda because there is and it is rotten to the core, that is the problem, not the USA.

Denying the role of religion in this conflict would be as mistaken as denying the role of foreign policy.

There's a very simple question that you've yet to answer and it addresses the motivation if Islamic terrorists quite nicely: if the US's foreign policy plays no role, then why is the target of so much hatred in the middle east and amongst muslims? Why isn't Brazil as high on their list? Why not Japan?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Cassin your letting proper wording interfere with rational thinking. it is only sugarcoated "newage" racist propaganda. im terribly sorry to see it conveys throw smart individuals like you.

and would you PA-LIZ! shut this thread already, it really becomes annoying and i think it reached its point 20 pages ago.

Cassin

Reaction score

hah...no my friend I just do my best to see both sides and stat open minded. I don't agree with most of what Aussie says on this topic but thar doesn't mean I can't agree with some points.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score

aussieavodart said:
There's a very simple question that you've yet to answer and it addresses the motivation if Islamic terrorists quite nicely: if the US's foreign policy plays no role, then why is the target of so much hatred in the middle east and amongst muslims? Why isn't Brazil as high on their list? Why not Japan?

I have already stated many times, take out the USA equation and you will still have chaos in the region, (minus any foreign policy, chaos remains in the region). The hatred is in-bread (for a lack of a better word) for 2 thousand plus years, get it now? The only difference is you won't have the USA there protecting Israel and their tiny little sliver of land. So stop blaming the USA or the foreign policies, I think any brave soul who gets evolved in all that middle east stuff giving monetary aid and soldiers life's to protect democracy in one small sliver of land deserves a medal and all you can do is criticize and sensationalize we are bombing millions of children etc.